BDS Providers Eligibility
KIEP 250+ aims to improve businesses through provision of Technical Assistance (TA) to address identified business gaps/ intervention areas. The TA will be provided by Business Development Service (BDS) providers, selected from a list of screened BDS providers.
To participate in KIEP 250+ as a BDS provider, you need to meet the following minimum qualifications:
- Be duly registered in Kenya;
- Be at least 3 years old with 2 years’ experience in Business Development Service (BDS) provision;
- Should be able to clearly state your area of expertise; where possible professional qualifications should be mentioned;
- Should have demonstrated experience and knowledge of working with SMEs in BDS provision;
- Should have at least 5 SME clients for whom you have successfully completed business development services;
- Must be prepared to show an extract of work performed;
- Must be prepared to name two SME clients as references who may potentially be contacted by the KIEP 250 Team;
- Must be prepared to sign a code of conduct with the Fund Manager.
In certain cases, international BDS providers may be considered.